FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here is a list of the questions our customers have asked us most frequently.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
On this page you'll find a list of the most frequently asked questions from our customers about our online exchange service. With this page we want to give solutions to the most common questions that may come to your mind. If you have want to know more about specific aspects or if something is not clear, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Contacts, information and references you enter in the forms (First Name, Last Name, Mail, Phone Number...) must be true, correct and up to date. Otherwise the money will be returned to the bank account of origin and an administration fee of CHF 20 will be charged.
- To exchange amounts greater than or equal to CHF 5'000.00, the required documentation must be uploaded in the reserved area.
- Payments from or to third parties are not possible. We do not provide money transfer services.
- We do not charge commissions for incoming and outgoing money transfers, but be careful: check your bank's commissions!
- If we are forced to refuse the exchange transaction (lack of information, incorrect data, customer untraceable), the money will be returned to the bank account of origin and an administration fee of CHF 20 will be charged.
1) By appointment, go to our office in Chiasso with a valid identity document.
We will make a certified copy of your identity document. The procedure is free of charge and takes less than 5 minutes.
2) Send us by post a notarised/authenticated photocopy of your identity document.
You can request a notarised/authenticated copy of your document from your bank, Swiss Post, your municipality, your lawyer/notary or your trustee. The copy must contain the date, signature and contact details of the person who certified the copy of the document.
- The cost of sending the money to WireTransferExchange.com is your responsibility;
- We will only exchange money that has actually arrived at WireTransferExchange.com;
- Your bank may charge you fees for receiving/sending transfers. Please check the conditions applied by your bank.
- to send us CHF from Switzerland, instruct a domestic payment;
- to send us EUR from Switzerland, execute a domestic payment in EUR;
- to send us EUR from a foreign bank, execute a SEPA transfer and ask your bank advisor if there are any fees;
- to send us CHF from a foreign bank, execute a transfer in CHF but ask your bank advisor if there are fees involved!
If your destination account is in Switzerland, then this will be a domestic payment.
In case we need to send EUR to a foreign account, we will use a SEPA payment, with costs borne by us.
- some banks may charge a fee for receiving the transfer. Check with your bank.
- For sending CHF to a foreign account contact us before requesting the transaction.